Thursday, February 2, 2012

Guess the Kindle Direct Publishing Borrow Payment Rate

In addition to geeking out on erotica, I geek out on numbers.

So sue me.

I posted a thread on Kindleboards tonight asking people to estimate what they think the rate paid for borrows will be for January for the Kindle Select program.

If you have followed such things, the December pool was $500,000 and paid $1.70 per borrow. For whatever reason (larger user base, or better performance), Amazon raised the pool to $700,000 for January. Later this past month, they announced that the pool would be $600,000 for February.

To register your vote, leave a comment here, or post on the Kindleboards thread at this link.

For what it's worth, my guess is $2.10. As of this post, the wisdom of the crowds says the amount is $2.72.

(By the way, feel free to check out my story The Hen Party which recently went onto a Kindle Select promotion and did well, presaging my forthcoming novella regarding Christian wives gone wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment